Wednesday, May 22, 2013

No Measure Phyllo Garlic, Tomato & Mozzarella Flatbread...Recipe Inside

Since I discovered Pinterest in 2011, I have been obsessed with Phyllo recipes. I. mean. obsessed. Fast-forward two years and I have finally made my first phyllo dish. It's a mix of a few different recipes I have pinned through the years, all wrapped into one warm, flaky rectangle of goodness.

Here is the finished product. Please excuse the ugly photos. I was just so excited to get this baby in the oven!







No Measure Phyllo Garlic, Tomato & Mozzarella Flatbread 

Yields 2 servings

(1) ball of fresh mozzarella
(1) Heirloom tomato
(1) avocado
(1) package of Phyllo dough (frozen)
Shredded medium cheddar
Kosher salt
Olive Oil cooking spray (or any non-stick cooking spray)


Thaw Phyllo dough for 40 minutes or until easy to work with. preheat oven to 400° F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Next, Lay phyllo dough flat on sheet and spread olive oil and garlic over entire area of phyllo dough rectangle. Then, Gently shred mozzarella by hand and cover entire area of phyllo dough rectangle. 


Lastly, add sliced avocado, tomatoes and kosher salt. 


Place in oven on middle rack for 25 minutes. Flatbreads are done when the edges of the Phyllo dough are a golden brown. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, cut into 3-inch pieces or serve whole and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment